This page describes our policies for the collection, use, and disclosure of website users’ personal information.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information from you when you fill out a form on this website, which may include a newsletter sign-up, assessment or contact form. This information includes your name, email address and may also include other personal details such as your phone number, mailing address, age or profession.
This information is used to email you survey results if you’ve taken a quiz on the website, to respond to any direct queries you may have sent us, as well as to send you personalized periodic emails, including newsletters, regular product and services updates, marketing and promotional information, or other correspondence. To stop receiving these communications at any time, simply click the “unsubscribe” option included at the bottom of each email.
This website uses “cookies,” which are small files saved on your computer that store preferences and other information via your browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as examples only), which then may be used on web pages you visit. These cookies uniquely identify a web browser on a specific computer, but aren’t used to identify an individual person. If you use multiple browsers or computers, each one has a different cookie.
Google Analytics Advertising
We utilize a variety of Google Analytics Advertising features, which may include at any given time:
- Remarketing with Analytics
- Demographics and Interests reporting
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration
- DoubleClick Bid Manager integration
This website also utilizes a tool known as Facebook Pixel, an analytics tool that helps us measure the effectiveness of our online advertising.
How to opt out
- Directly disable cookies in your browser settings
- Visit Google’s Ads Settings and/or DoubleClick opt-out page
- Visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page
- Utilize the handy Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on tool
- Utilize the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool
We only collect personal information that website visitors voluntarily provide, whether via filling out forms or opting into cookies. These details are kept confidential, and we do not sell information to any third-party entities. While we implement a variety of security precautions to protect all personal information submitted through this website, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, as no method of online data transmission or storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
As noted in our disclaimer, this website may contain links to other third-party entities. Just as we are not in control of the content contained on these outside websites, neither are we responsible for their privacy policies and practices.
How long we keep your information
We will retain your personally identifiable information until we determine the information is no longer needed, or as otherwise required by law.
California residents – your legal rights
- The right to access personal information – You have the right to request access to your personal information that we collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to request deletion of personal information –You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, however, state and federal law may prohibit us from deleting personal information, which we will disclose to you.
- The right to non-discrimination – We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
- The right to an authorized agent – You can designate an authorized agent to make any of these requests by providing your express written authorization. We must be able to verify your identity and the authorization must include the authorized agent’s name, address, telephone number, and email address (for providing the personal information collected or to respond to a request for deletion).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by doing one of the following:
- Submit online to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By mailing a request to: 18 Broad Street, Suite 300, Charleston, SC 29401;
- Toll-free Telephone Number: +1(843)414-5600
If you choose to contact us directly by email/phone/in writing, you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you (e.g., your full name, address, and customer or matter reference number);
- Proof of your identity and address (e.g., a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
The website is intended for use by a general audience and does not offer services to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that they cannot use the website.